Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Surprise Party!

Well, this weekend was busy, busy, busy!!! My wonderful husband, Jake, threw me a surprise 30th birthday party at our house on our new patio. I now know why it was so important to get the patio completed. The party was a blast and truly a fun time. Everyone showed up around 4pm and our last guests left at around midnight. It was a long day. Jake had gotten some balloon bouquets, happy birthday signs, cute plates, napkins, etc., and put up some cute baby pictures of me for decorations. We had tons of food including a yummy fruit and veggie tray, chips & dip, pasta salad, ribs, hot dogs, brats, chicken, baked beans (from Jack Stack), and cheesy potatoes (also from Jack Stack). I also had the cutest 3 tier birthday cake and chocolate chip cookies. It was better than anything I could have expected. Jake got beer, margaritas (with cute blue margarita cups), strawberry daiquiris, and tons of pop and water. I think everyone had a good time. My wonderful friend Lacey, came from Des Moines with her adorable baby boy, Anderson. He is so cute and so sweet. She was so nice for coming and spending the whole day with me. She got to KC around noon. The idea was for her to take me out for the day so I wouldn't be around for the set up of the party. However, even though Jake kept it a surprise for so long, he did end up telling me about the party on Thursday because of all the supplies that he couldn't hide. So Lacey came and helped me and Jake set things up and hung out with me until everyone showed up. She is such a great friend and it was so wonderful of her to go out of her way to be with me on my birthday! Thanks Lacey. Love you. My two best friends, Katy and Alicia, came from Waterloo Iowa. That was a true surprise. I was so happy to see Alicia and Katy. Katy brought her beautiful little girl Chloe. She also brought her wonderful husband Scott. Jake was excited because him and Scott have become good friends over the years and we both really love Scottie and how wonderful he is to Katy! It was the best day. Love you Chuckie-Katy & Leash. Chloe couldn't have been more fun. I was lucky to get to spend some extra time with her because they spent the night and stayed most of the day on Sunday. What amazing and wonderful friends I have. Thank you to everyone who came to the party. It truly meant the world to me and I couldn't ask for better friends and family in my life. The only sad part of the whole experience, besides turning 30, is that I am usually the big picture taker wherever I go. I was so busy being the birthday girl that I didn't even think about pictures and I don't think anyone else did either. Hopefully I will be able to round up at least a few shots. What a wonderful day it was and how horrible to not have any pictures or video to remember it by. I will be sure to post some if I can round up any! Linz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sister-in-law!! It sounds like it was a great party. I can't believe Jakey did all that for you. Welcome to the world of 30!

(dgm148 at gmail.com)

Carrie Cole said...

Happy late birthday, Linz! Love and miss ya!